Do You Always Care about Your Oral Health?
Mothers teach their children to brush their teeth when they are kids. They usually try to explain to their children that teeth are important parts of their body. This is the first step of taking care of your oral health. But oral health is not as simple as this. Unfortunately, when you get older, you may lose your teeth easily. This dental issue is called an oral disease due to cavities. An emergency dentist in Toronto explains that cavities, gum disease, sensitive teeth, gum bleeding, dry mouth, bad breath, cracked or broken tooth, losing a tooth, and oral cancer are all oral diseases. Fortunately, if you be aware of improving your oral health, you will not have to run to an emergency dental clinic. Let’s take a look at oral disease and tips about oral health.
- When plaque builds up on your teeth, there will be bacteria on your teeth. The existence of bacteria will combine with sugar and produce acid. As a result, the hard outer surface of your tooth will be destroyed. This is called a cavity. You will gradually feel pain. This pain will progress to a very severe stage. And finally, you will have to ask for emergency dental help in a dental clinic.
- Gum disease is one of the most common emergency dental problems. This dental issue is the infection of the gums and surrounding tissues that holds your teeth in place. As a result, the bone and tissue that held the teeth in place will be destroyed. So the teeth may become loose and have to be removed in an emergency dental clinic.
- Dry mouth is another dental problem. The shortage of saliva or spit will make your mouth dry. Saliva is a protective agent which prevents cavities, gum disease, and dental infections. Dry mouth may not seem an emergency issue. But this is. As mentioned above, if you ignore this dental issue, it will lead to gum disease, cavities, and dental infections.
- Older people are more at risk for oral cancer. This emergency oral disease symptoms include sores, irritation, or white or red bumps in the mouth or throat that last for more than two weeks. It may be painful or cause numbness. Visiting an emergency dental professional is very important for this dental issue. Diagnosing oral cancer in the early stages can lead to treatment that works best before an outbreak. In this regard, emergency dentists suggest watching out for any changes in your mouth, especially if you smoke or drink.
Oral Health Tips
- No.1 is sugar. Stop or limit eating sugary foods and drinks. Frequent consumption of sugar stimulates tooth decay. It may be surprising to know that how much sugar is added to packaged foods and beverages. Be careful about the amount of sugar-containing in any product’s ingredients.
- Check your diabetes. Be aware of this illness. If you have diabetes, observe and consider your diet. Diabetes is linked to oral disease. So, keep in mind that diabetes may lead you to an emergency dental problem.
- Visiting an emergency dentist regularly is the most important oral health tip. Your dentist will diagnose any oral disease in the early stages and cure them. Actually, dentists are your oral health savers.