About the LASIK eye procedure
Eye surgery is basically known for its most commonly performed laser refractive surgery which helps the person to improve their vision problem. This can be also referred to as the alternative of glasses that you wear or the lenses. During the surgery period, a special kind of cutting laser is used to precisely change the shape of the dome-shaped clear tissue at the front of your eye to correct the vision.
In your eyes which may have normal vision, the cornea bends the light precisely onto the retina at the back of your eye. But people who have eye issues or problems like myopia or hyperopia then the light is bent incorrectly and this results in blurred vision. And to improve that people wear glasses or lenses or do surgeries like these. The Lasik procedure is not done for hours it is just in 30 minutes duration.
The Lasik eye surgery procedure
- In this surgery, you have to lie down in a reclining chair and you may be provided medicine to take so that you can relax. After the numbing drops are used in your eye your doctor will use an instrument to hold your eyelids open properly.
- After the suction rind is being placed in the eye before cutting the corneal flap which can cause a feeling of pressure in the eye and then your eye vision may dim a little.
- The doctor will use a tiny blade or they can use a cutting laser to cut down the small hinged flap away from the front of your eye. The folding back of the flap easily allows the surgeon to get access to the part of the cornea to come into its shape again.
- After that doctor uses a programmed laser and with the help of this reshapes your cornea. Every pulse of the laser beam which is passed through will remove a small amount of corneal tissue. After reshaping of your eye’s cornea is done then the doctor will lay the flap back into its place. The flaps usually get healed without the help of stitches or the help of any other thing.
- At the time of the Lasik procedure, you will be asked by the surgeon to focus on light and staring that will helps you to keep your eye fixed while the laser reshapes your cornea. And you can easily detect a distinct odor as the laser will remove the corneal tissue.